Sunday, January 25, 2009

Canning like CRAZY!

This weekend the Thinnes family took on a VERY grueling & tedious task...we canned over 1800 #10 cans of food storage! I knew that it was going to take a long time, but when I got to the house and saw this...

and this...

I started to sweat it a little! We canned until about 11:00 on Friday night and midnight on Saturday night, but we finished it all...yeah! We canned wheat, rice, beans, spaghetti, sugar, flour, milk, pasta, drink mix etc for all of Ronnie's brothers and sisters and their families. It was so nice to be able to work together to complete such an important project. Here are a couple more pictures of our fun filled crazy day...

Ronnie was such a trooper and manned the canner almost the entire time! Not to mention the hair net (kinda turns me on!)


Here's Tennessa and I (Ronnie's oldest sister) with her super sexy face mask so that she would stop sneezing while we were trying to can flour!

Alicia & Trevor packing cans in boxes...(more like Trevor watching Alicia pack cans in boxes) :)

Here's Bethany-(Ronnie's second oldest sister) First of all, please don't shoot me for putting this picture on here...it's the only good one I had, plus I think it's kinda cute :) Second, Beth was so awesome to let us use her house...she had a layer of powder on every surface!

Ronnie and I in front of a few of our boxes (it took us over 4 car load to get it all back to our apartment!)

A much deserved treat at the end of a very long day! Tennessa, Bethany and I are determined to come up with Diet Coke in a dehydrated form for our food storage...it's gotta be possible!

Last but not least, here are Ron and Anna (Ronnie's parents)...they are so wonderful to provide us with all of this food! Food storage has always seemed like such an overwhelming thing, I had no idea where to even start! They have definitely given us a much needed boost and I am more determined than ever to make sure that we always maintain it. Thank you so much for your generousity and love...you are such a blessing to us! Love you!

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

You did all that hard work and you still agreed to watch Gwen! Thank you so much! Oh, and my birthday gift is AWESOME! Thanks for helping to arrange that!

Michelle said...

Wow that is awesome, what hard work. It makes want to start getting food storage together. Even though it was hard it still looks like a fun family get together.

The Roberts Family said...

Holy Schmoly! That is awesome! I need to get our food storage together...... Do you have any room left in your apartment?

Tara said...

What a great idea fot a party! You guys made it look fun!

Ashley said...

Good job, no GREAT job! This makes me feel like I need to start our food storage. Where do I begin....?

The Tibbitts said...

Wow! That looked like quite a project. Food Storage is overwhelming so that is great that you got such a good headstart on it.