Thursday, January 15, 2009

52 Blessings-Week 2

Week #2

Wow! Has this been one CRAZY week! It's been my intention to sit down and write this blog several different times this past week, but every time I try, it seems that something else comes up. Work has been especially stressful...we had several meetings going on with a lot of preparation that went into each one of them. There were times that it seemed like everything was falling apart with no solution or way to repair the damage (canceled flights, UPS delays, incorrect data, canceled meetings etc etc)...some of you that are reading this know exactly what I am talking about because you may have been there with me at 10:00pm on Friday night...for the rest of you...JUST TRUST ME! At times I thought we should just give up and go home, so it may be strange that the blessing I have chosen for this week is my JOB! There are a lot of people out there...people that I know personally who have lost their jobs and have no where to turn. Every day that I come home stressed and exhausted I am comforted to know that I will still have a job to go to tomorrow, the next day and the next day after that. It definitely makes it worth the blood, sweat, and yes...even sometimes the tears!
I found this picture that I thought I would show along with this post. This is me and my manager Patty (on the right-very pregnant at the time!) and a couple of other girls at our annual Convention-I think that this was the one in Atlanta! We were at the end of a very long week and this is us all dressed up right before our big Awards Banquet!

5 comments:

Tara said...

It's soo true! Work is a blessing! Thanks for the reminder!

Logan said...

Yeah, I guess even when work annoys me, at least I have a job to annoy me.

Michelle said...

Dan and I are so grateful for our jobs too! Knowing that we won't be laid off is really a blessing!

Whitney Harris said...

Cute blog, I hope all is well, sounds like you have had a bunch of stuff going on. I am also very very grateful for Chris' job. I really feel for those familes.

Unknown said...

I was just thinking this same exact thing today! So it was the wierdest thing when I opened your blog! :) I should take on the project and catch up! :)