Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blessing #14-Talents

I'm not saying at all that I am a talented person...I definitely like to try new and exciting things to challenge myself (to Ronnie's horror) I am always on to the next project as soon as I finish one. As most of you know, a couple of years ago I took a cake decorating class...this is never something that I intended to do for anyone other than my family, but word got out and now I am the go-to-girl. I am not only thankful for all of the talents that I have, but especially for the talents of everyone around me...I know so many talented people and enjoy watching and learning from them everyday!

I have posted a couple of pictures of some cakes that I have done, the one on top (with the martini glass) is my most recent...I made this a couple of weeks ago for my nail lady's little sister - it was her 21st birthday!



Fish cake - I made this for a good friend of mine who used to be a river guide, I was friends with his daughters when I first moved to Idaho Falls and he was like a second dad to me...I am lucky enough now to work in the same department with him at Melaleuca.


Sock Monkey Cake - This is a cake that I made for the niece of someone I work with...I didn't really know what a sock monkey was before I got this request!

11 comments:

Owen Family said...

I still can't believe how well your cakes turn out after only one course. You are really talented (don't be so modest). I still don't think you charge enough for them.

Eliza said...

Your cakes are great! I'm so impressed, you do have such a great talent here as well as many others! Love that sock monkey one, sooo cute!

Unknown said...

Holy cow!! Impressive! You realize you just marketed yourself and you will now be my go-to girl now right? :) Those are awesome! Is there anything you don't do?

Rydgd said...

Absolutely AMAZING!!!!!OH, I wish you lived closer...I'd hire you in a minute! That truely is a talent...again, amazing!

Gina said...

Lindsay-

Your cakes are amazing!! Just like you!!

Tara said...

I have a friend who is a professional baker, and he would be so impressed! I hope you are making lots and losts of money! Those are amazing!

Ashley said...

Wow Linds! You do an awesome job. When you make another cake, can I come and watch you? That would be really fun :) I'm sure that's all you want is a shadow over your shoulder the whole time but I'm just way impressed.

Michelle said...

Your cakes are awesome! I am so impressed. Dan and I love to watch Ace of Cakes and your stuff looks just as good! You definitely have a great talent.

The Tibbitts said...

Wow!!! Those cakes look amazing. Now I know who to call if I need a fun and amazing cake. By the way, I have always thought you were amazingly talented. :)

Whitney Harris said...

wow, i am so impressed! Really, I would love to come watch and help as much as I can some time. I wish i could take a class now, maybe someday. I am also looking more into digital scrapbooking so you may have to help me get started.

dani said...

seriously? i thought the baby cupcakes were amazing?! you are my hero-what a GREAT talent! i SO could never do that! hey! if tennessa is bloggin', holla at her to add us! :)