Tuesday, February 17, 2009

52 Blessings Project 7 & 8

Week 7 & 8
OK, so once again I am cheating! I'm doing 2 blessings in one post, but I can't mention one of my blessings without mentioning the other! My very special blessings are my two adorable nieces Gwendolyn May & Phoebe Elizabeth. I've always loved children so much and it has been so much fun to be there right after the birth of Gwen and Phoebe. First let me talk about Gwen...she is such a firecracker! I've said this a million times, but I have no idea how Rachelle EVER keeps up with her...she wears me out in 10 minutes! She loves VeggieTales and is getting very good at singing along, she can also sing her ABC's...even though sometimes in the middle she says L-L-L-O-P :) She is so fun to just watch because she does such a good job of entertaining herself. Here are a couple pictures of Gwen...she is such a princess! She looks just like her dad in this picture...with her Aunt Linz's attitude! This is Gwen at the hospital when they were bringing Phoebe in for the first time! Sponge Bob was on, so she was oblivious to everything around her. The stuffed caterpillar behind her was the stuffed animal she picked out for Phoebe (even though I have a feeling it will be more for her)...it is over 5 feet tall, and I'm sure there were plenty more "sensible" toys to choose from, but I couldn't resist those puppy dog eyes...what can I say, I'm a softy! I was so excited that Gwen let me do her hair before we left for the hospital (I watched Gwen while everyone was at the hospital)...apparently she never lets anyone touch her hair...I might have the magic touch! And here is my other blessing! Phoebe Elizabeth was born on Friday the 13th...what a LUCKY day! She was 9 pounds 11 ounces (poor Rachelle) and is the cutest thing ever! I've kind of had a little cold, so I haven't been able to go back up and see her since her birth, but she is so precious, I could just cuddle her all day! Her poor head was bruised a little, but she seemed pretty happy the whole time we were there -passing her all around!

I'm the luckiest aunt...I'm glad that I have 2 adorable little angels to spoil!

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Thanks for posting this! It made me a little teary eyed. I am so blessed to have Gwen and Phoebe for daughters. Hurry and get well! We can't wait for another visit!

Jennifer Rae said...

Nieces are the best (nephews are pretty awesome too)So that cover my first 12 weeks of the year. Just Kidding. I miss the nursery with you, but my apartment isn't in the ward so I had to go back to the branch...sigh.

Love you guys, say hi to Ronnie for me!

Michelle said...

Gwen and Phoebe are so adorable. I can't wait to meet Phoebe. I am definitely grateful for all my nieces and nephews too! Thanks for you comment Linds the love, thoughts and prayers mean so much!

The Tibbitts said...

What a sweet tribute to two adorable little girls. They grow up so fast, don't waste any opportunity to spoil them because that is what aunts are supposed to do.

Ashley said...

Really cute pictures of your little nieces.