Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What's been keeping me busy....?

Cakes!!! As most of you know, I took cake decorating classes a couple of years ago before I was married because I thought it would be a fun thing to know for when I had a family of my own. Well, the word got out and the past couple of weeks I've been cake cRaZy! Here are the ones that I've finished...

Baby Shower for a baby girl...I thought this turned out cute...just a fun pink cake for a new baby girl!


Cookie Monster...this one was so fun! I made this for a co-worker for her husband who loves cookie monster! It was fun to use frosting again where I do the majority of my cakes in fondant.

This is a John Deere tractor cake that I made for another co-worker of mine...I thought I better add a few animals to this fun little farm! I made all of the animals out of fondant and it was actually really fun to do!

Here is the cute cow...

and the messy little pigs!

a sheep and a chicken with her little chicks...

a duck in a little pond, and of course the TRACTOR!


Here is a fun baby shower cake for a little baby boy...



Even though you can't eat it, here is a diaper cake that I made for my sister-in-law's baby shower...I've never made one before, but it was so fun figuring it out!

12 comments:

The Yarn Barn said...

just when I felt okay about my cakes you had to go and post these pics.:) Just kidding with ya, but now I know if I want to improve I need to take a class. I just made one for my friend but can't post pics yet. Your cakes are awesome, I want to be that good

The Yarn Barn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Those are so cute! So much detail I can see why they consume most of your time. You are so talented.

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

I am extremely impressed! Those are like they came from the show on TLC "Cake Boss"! Awesome job!

Gina said...

Lindsay-

You are soooooooooooo talented. Way way cute cakes. Kendra wanted a cake that looked like it was made from fondant, but I don't know how to do that.

Garth and Alicia said...

So glad you posted these-super cute cakes. You're amazing!! It was fun to see you at Alicia's baby shower.

dani said...

you are so talented! they are all beautiful! :)

Unknown said...

Oh my heck woman! You are SOOOO FREAKING TALENTED!!! WOW! That is all I can say... WOW!

The Tibbitts said...

I am so impressed! Your cakes are amazing!!! I loved each one, but the animals on the John Deere cake were so cute. You did a great job! Do people pay you to make these cakes? because I think you could make a career out of cake decor.

Steve, Jillian, Addison, and Jace said...

You are so freaking amazing! I can't believe how creative and talented you are! Thanks for making Steve's cake!

The Roberts Family said...

So beautiful! Some of my favorites out of them all!

Whitney Harris said...

You are so talented. I was actually just practicing making a cake this morning for Lydia's b-day this week and you just totally made me realize how much I suck. :) I really want to take the class you took but just don't have the time right now. Maybe next year. I can't decide what one I like more that you made they are all so awesome in their own way. Great job.