Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mi casa es tu casa...


Behold, my beautiful home...looks welcoming, doesn't it? Well, I was VERY disturbed when my husband texted me today - letting me know that we had an unexpected visitor.
Apparently she ignored this warning...


...and took this "welcome" sign a little to literal...



And here it is...the first sign of spring around the Thinnes house...





a perfect little robin's nest - nestled at the top of our wreath. My reaction: Whew Sick! Get it the H!@# out of there immediately! As much as I hate to admit it, that little nest kinda creeps me out!

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

I'd throw that thing out too. Every time you open your door, you let that thing inside. Shame you can't relocate it to a tree. Baby birds are pretty cute.

Whitney Harris said...

Ah, I think it's awesome. I mean, what are the odds of that. What can I say I am a bird person I guess and I think the bird would fly away every time she say ya coming. So she wouldn't go in your house, maybe though.

Eliza said...

Awww, I think it's dang sweet! I have always loved birds' nests. I would have been honored that they picked my home! :)

The Tibbitts said...

I'm amazed you were able to see it. I wouldn't want that on my door either.

Ashley said...

You had me fooled! I thought you were robbed!