Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Our new arrivals...and a new FIRST!

I hope nobody got too excited...we don't have any kind of a BIG announcement to make, but looky what arrived at our house last week...

So may high tech buttons...

We got the best deal on these! They were normally $750 each, but were on sale for $900 for the set. We didn't really need a washer and dryer, so we were doing the usual debating back and forth, but then we noticed that there was a $100 rebate to our local power company, we thought...what the heck? So they ended up around $400 each - I thought it was a steal! They are so quiet and a lot more gentle on our clothes...not to mention "energy efficient".

Also this last week Ronnie and I had our first taste of...

DEER! Ronnie (the crazy boy) actually stood out in the snow and barbequed these deer tenderloins for us (I think they are technically called venison tenderloins, but it's not as easy to say), and I must admit that they were really not that bad! I was expecting much worst, but I think that I will actually be able to stomach it...yeah for me! I just have to try and not think about that poor little guy hanging in my garage...:(

7 comments:

The Tibbitts said...

Your washer and dryer look amazing--anything new (especially if you got a great deal) is awesome! I'm also glad you liked the "venison."

Sus said...

COOL! We bought the same set and got ours yesterday . . . I want a rebate! Was it through the City of Idaho Falls?

Sorry, though . . . just can't stomach the nasty "venison." LOL

Rydgd said...

I am SO JEALOUS - not of the venison :) - but that washer and dryer! Awesome!

Whitney Harris said...

I am jealous for your washer and dryer....as for the deer....no thanks. :) I am so so grateful Chris doesn't care to hunt cause there is no way I could handle that.

Lindsay and Ron said...

To answers Susanne's question, the rebate was through Rocky Mountain Power! Shoot!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the washer and dryer! And that was such a good deal! =) And I am so ready for a girl's night! My partner in crime is done with school so I have some sanity back! =) YAY!! =) Hee hee... are we waiting til after the holidays? I am planning on a Bachelor kick off night on January 4th.. although it won't be the same without Whitney!!

Ingrid said...

I LOVE your washer and dryer!!! I am so happy for you guys! And I love all your posts. I haven't been on blogspot for a while. I LOVE your pics of our girls' night out. That was such a fun night!!! I always miss you guys when I read your updates. Hope I can make it to Bachelor night!